Thursday, July 31, 2008

These Ants Have Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh Hopes

The bay window I originally thought was infested with termites is really infested with flying ants. The brittle wood around the window and in the wall is rot due to a leak. I suppose this information should make me happy. I mean, rather than feasting upon the wood, termite-fashion, these ants are just using my decomposing window and wall to breed.

Replacing the window has involved no less than THREE different contractors and an architect who have all informed me that I will, indeed, be in debt for the rest of my life.

Um, hello? What else is new??







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dog eats the ants that dare to appear in my house any more, especially the big-crunchy-I-can't-kill-them sort (that grow lil' wings). I got her- all ant problems disappeared. ( I suppose the bug bomb helped some.) She likes beetles and locust , too. Can't you sick Sebastian on them?

Amy said...

As you have read on my blog, be happy they weren't termites!

Anonymous said...

Estimates? Contractors? You need to think outside the box, my friend. I got two words for you that are going to change your whole outlook: "Wattle" and "Daub."

Your welcome.

This is Kristy, by the way.