Sunday, July 13, 2008

More Languishing

Window replacement estimate #2 was $5500-7500! At this rate, I won't be able to buy shoes for the rest of this decade and a good bit of the next. Not to mention that I was planning to start a Botox/chemical peel fund in case of emergency! Now it will all have to go to window replacement.

Oh, the languishing.... I may have to take to my bed.

Is it too much to ask the Universe to buy me a cool new bay window? I don't think so. What do you think, Universe? You in? Marvin or Jeld-Wen would be nice, please. While I'm at it, a cosmetic dermatologist on retainer would be a nice addition, too.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Am I the only one who keeps reading "Jeld-Wen" and thinking it should really be "Weld-Jen?" It trips me up every time I see the ad...they can't POSSIBLY be spelling their own company name right.

Trish said...

I thought the spelling was odd, too. I kept thinking it was "Jeld-WIN," as in "WINdows." I had to check the spelling twice before posting.

Anonymous said...

Jeld comes from the founders first names: Jewel, Evelyn, Lester and Dick. Wen is short for their last name Wendt.

Trish said...

Anonymous,

Whoa! Well done on the origin of the name.

Now, if you can locate a good cosmetic dermatologist in the Chicago area, I'd be obliged.

Thanks for the info!