Friday, February 27, 2009

WOMAN FOUND DROWNED ON KITCHEN FLOOR

That’s the headline I’m expecting will appear in the newspapers this weekend documenting my loss.

See, I’m trying to work up my courage to use a netti pot. My coworkers swear by this miniature teapot used to pour saltwater in one nostril, through the sinus cavity, and out the other nostril. “Trish, it clears out your sinuses!” “Trish, it’s the best thing for allergies!” “Trish, it makes me breathe so much better!” They claim that the netti pot has amazing powers. There is only so much netti pot talk one can hear before one starts to wonder.

Still, I can’t help but feel as though I am opening myself up to voluntary drowning.

Is this my coworkers’ twisted way of getting me to water board myself?

Probably.


3 comments:

Cheryl Houston said...

Don't do it Trish! I'm pretty sure you may want to write a letter to your HR department just so it's documented. I'm just saying!!!

Sue G said...

Knowing a few of your coworkers, I would say you're probably right. However, Dr. Oz (the infamous newest media darling discovered by the big O) has said categorically (really, categorically) that a netti pot can solve so many problems of the nasal persuasion.

I do think that, for you, dexterity may be an issue. I could be wrong.

But, I'm not.

Anonymous said...

my mom and my sister-in-law swear by neti pots and gave me strong encouragement to try one when i recently had some sinus issues. i wasn't sure i wanted to shell out money (or clutter our house with one more thing), so i tried to replicate it by snorting saltwater out of a shallow bowl. my husband said i've never looked sexier. : ) incidentally, my sinus issues were gone shortly after.

(by the way, i'm lauren's friend that you met at the purse party, and i LOVE your blog!!)