Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Teaching the Prime of Life Dog

4:15 PM

Things I should have thought through prior to taking grad classes at Northern Illinois University:

  • State universities are large. Three inch heels and cross campus treks do not mix.
  • Universities do not use air conditioning. Ann Taylor pants, though stylish, do not work well in un-air conditioned locales.
  • If a class starts at 4:30 and I get there at 4:10 in order to make a good impression on the prof, I will be sorely disappointed because I will be sitting ON THE HALLWAY FLOOR in my stylish Ann Taylor pants with no air conditioning.


Note to self: Buy some flip flops and shorts from Old Navy (my stylishness is wasted in this environment) and pack more facial powder to mop up my dewey T-zone.


4:45 PM


Dear Lord, my professor is ME. Same personality. Same crankiness when hungry. Same sense of humor. Same pair of glasses. Had I been raised in New Zealand and given birth to a fourteen year old, we could be twins. Well, I'd need, like, 15 more years of technological knowledge-- but other than that we are SOUL MATES.


4:46 PM


Wait. She hates me. She just gave me the fish-eye for not being able to log in the university server....


4:47 PM


Signed in! She LOVES ME again! Soul mates, I'm telling you. I'm almost tempted to buy a pair of flat sandals to be just like her...except I think my calves are permanently shortened due to my penchant for heels.


More later. Education happening. She may teach me to put VIDEO on my blog. I am all a-tingle!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

While I'd love to argue you out of your shoes, literally, I understand the NEED for personal indulgences. Myself, I just bought a huge $4.99 ring (from Kohl's no less)that will probably turn my finger gangrene in a few months, but so what?
I do hope you enjoy the classes!

Trish said...

Nicole, is this you? And, if so, where were you this weekend??

Anonymous said...

Trish, it is so fun to have you back! I have to check here every day now, and WITHOUT REGRET!!

(So will you be addressing months-old emails anytime in the near future?) (It won't even matter if you're wearing the Ann Taylor or the Old Navy, either.)
=P

S.K.

Cheryl Houston said...

What class are you taking? Videos! Cool. I can't wait.